"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NOLA- you treated us well...

N.O.L.A
New Orleans, LA
Delta Sigma Lions (GRRR) visited New Orleans, LA this past weekend and boy did we conquer NOLA. As many people like to say, "Delta Sigma..hitting New Orleans harder than Katrina did." OR as Duncan would say, "Hurricane Delta Sigma hitting New Orleans harder than Katrina did, with windstorm Duncan."
Bourbon Street...also known as Burden Street. What an experience!
What an adventure we had. Bourbon Street was an experience. One I'd rather not have to experience again. A little description of Bourbon Street for those of you who don't know... Its a place I considered to be somewhat like Hell of Earth. I felt as if I was walking though Sin at times. Its a long road filled with thousands of people (mostly drunk..although there were some children) everywhere. There are balconies on both sides of the street where men and women stand and throw (or pelt) people with beads. Typically the beads are thrown when someone reviles a part of themselves, BUT sometimes they simply peg you with hard, colorful, HARD beads. There are clubs/bars everywhere. At one point I felt as if I could have been stolen and forced into sexually slavery. (okay so maybe that's exaggerating a little much..but I'm serious) Overall it truly was a place that I'd rather not visit again. Once is enough.
My favorite place we visited this past weekend was the French Quarter. I was full of art and cute little boutiques full of adorable clothes. This area or New Orleans was absolutely beautiful. I loved all the open shops and open restaurants, they made the city feel so open and simply lovely.
My all time favorite restaurant we ate at was the famous, Cafe Du Monde. This place is incredible! They are famous for their Beignet's. The definition of a beignet is 1. A square doughnut with no hole 2. A fritter. They seriously are the best thing I've ever had. I loved every minute of the beignet. Coffee and a Beignet, what could be better??
We went on a dinner boat ride for our Formal Event and it was wonderful. It was a great way to see the sunset over the city and perfect opportunity for pictures. Everyone looked so stunning and came dressed in their best..It was such a fun night!
Formal 2011 was one for the books. Some of the events that happen shouldn't be mentioned on the Internet, but the funny things CAN'T go without mentioning...
1. Duncan proposed to his bride to be, Becca Lynn.
2. I ripped my pants on Bourbon Street. pop, lock, and drop it! 
3. Clara shared her life story with our table at dinner and we learned her past with Fudgesicles and Weezy! 
4. Clare, Mackenzie, Clara, and Elizabeth had their palms read...BTW Clara's was completely accurate to her life!
5. Drunk awkward man- "Hey! Wheres the party?" Clare- "I DON'T KNOW...BYYYEE!"

By the way, I had the best roommates ever! It was such a blessing to room with these wonderful girls. Our friendship grew so much the past weekend, it's kinds crazy how much we all loved our time together!
Some of my favorite pictures from Formal 2011:


Overall: it was a wonderful trip. My first formal was a success. I truly did love and enjoy every mintue of it. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment